Skip to main content

Storybook Plan

My Storybook project is centered around telling the stories of different creatures that have ingrained themselves into the horror stories of America. Stories of monsters like Bigfoot, Mothman, the Jersey Devil, the Wendigo, and the Chupacabra are all legendary in their different areas of the country and have heavily influenced local cultures.

I will be using Wikipedia based sources for many of these creatures, as well as information from select research societies based around specific creatures, such as the Bigfoot Field Researchers' Organization  and the Mothman Museum and Research Center. These may not provide sound scientific evidence for the existence of these creatures, but they do provide key cultural and historical information about the legends of the monsters.

I'm playing around with the idea of making this project a Twine-based, choose your own adventure horror audiobook, set in a strange zoo that houses these creatures. I want the reader to feel involved and allow for the reader to have a great deal of agency in how the story plays out and in which creatures they would like to learn the most about.

Mainly, I want to entertain and educate my readers through the experience of this storybook, and learn more about how these creatures and their behaviors reflect the cultural landscape of the area/time that they were created in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Storybook Comment Wall

Mothman: Image My Storybook Project, Mythical Monsters of the New World can be found here I hope you all enjoy it, and I appreciate any feedback you can give! EDIT 3/5: I have heavily revised my Introduction, so if you have not read the new version yet, do so now!

Introduction to Brett the Graphic Designer

Hey! My name is Brett Drake and I'm a senior Public Relations major with a Classical Culture minor. I'm from the small town of Wagoner, Oklahoma (if you've heard of it, chances are you're also from northeast OK!) and while I've enjoyed my time here at OU, I can't wait to graduate in May. I want to become a graphic designer in the OKC area after graduation and help local businesses build their brands. My favorite class last semester was Digital Design (surprise, surprise) as it allowed me to really hone my skills as a designer across all different types of media. Me at the Coliseum : Photo by a friend Last summer, as I talked about in my favorite place post , I was able to study abroad in Italy for the month of June, allowing me to finally travel outside of the country for the first time in my life. While traveling abroad had its ups and downs (I arrived in Rome running on a good 3 hours of sleep and had lost my luggage), overall it was an amazing experie

Week 3 Story: Perseus, A DM's Worst Nightmare

Perseus and Andromeda, by Frederic Leighton Dan had been the Dungeon Master for his friends' Dungeons and Dragons group for a while now, and he always looked forward to their sessions on Wednesday nights. Everyone had a good time, and they had created stories that would last a lifetime, one of which was the unfortunate story of Percy. Percy was an acquaintance who was also an avid D&D player. When his group disbanded for unknown reasons, Percy asked Dan if he could join his group. Dan allowed it, welcoming Percy to the group. Percy was insistent that he should be able to keep the same character that he had played in his former campaign. Dan, not knowing what he was agreeing to, let him keep his character. When Wednesday came and everyone sat down to play, Dan began to realize his mistake.  "Alright everyone," Dan began. "When we last left off, you all had made your way to the fields of the giant monster known as Atlas. A mountain looms in the dista